Report of Planning Meeting 25 July 2017

 

Report from the SMB Planning Committee Meeting

 

Held on Tuesday 25 July 2017 at 6.30pm in the Village Centre.

 

 

 

Those present: Chairman Cllr David Peart and Cllrs Bridget Culley, Ray Randall and the clerk, Derek Kane.

 

 

 

Members of the public present:  None.

 

 

 

Time for public speaking:

 

 

 

1.  Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Tony Styles, Tony Grunsell, Hugo Wurzer and Carole Whitlock.

 

 

 

2.  Register of Interests: None..

 

 

 

3.  Planning Applications to be considered:

 

 

 

a). 17/02323/LBC — The George, Springhill Lane, SMB — Removal of part of an internal wall between north and central bar areas and reinstatement of brickwork nibs at the other end of the (removed) wall.

 

 

 

Decision: No objection.

 

 

 

b). 17/02293/LBC & 02373/RET — Mundays, SMB, SP11 6AY — Regularisation of repairs to existing stacks including raising height of chimney ‘A’ and adding 3 no. terracotta pots.

 

 

 

Decision: No objection.

 

 

 

4. Trees — Notices of Intent:

 

 

 

a). T/00210/17/TCA — Gangbridge House, Gangbridge Lane, SMB — 1 Horse chestnut: Fell.  Objected to by SMB PC at 27/6/17 Planning Meeting. Response from BDBC:

 

 

 

Reply from BDBC 13/7/17:

 

Mature Horse Chestnut located adjacent to the public highway. Previously pruned and reduced. Extensive canopy dysfunction and decline evident.

 

Could possibly be retrenched to leave a smaller tree, but realistically it seems to be in a spiral of decline.

 

The comments of the PC are noted, however, a TPO is not recommended in this case.”

 

Noted.

 

b). Concerns raised at 11/7/17 Full Council Meeting with regards to tree removal in Breach Farm area.  Response from BDBC:

 

 

 

Trees are outside the conservation area of the parish. Noted.

 

 

 

5. Advice of planning matters considered by BDBC (if any): None.

 

6. Advice of planning applications withdrawn (if any): None.

 

 

 

7. Appeals (if any): None.

 

 

 

8. Compliance:

 

 

 

Concerns raised at 11/7/17 regarding potential asbestos hazard should demolition take place on some structured there.  Concerns forwarded to BDBC on 18/7/17:

 

 

 

Awaiting a reply from BDBC.  The clerk, in his notification to BDBC did mention that the now withdrawn application has made mention of asbestos issues, so BDBC are likely to be already alert to the ned for special controls when it comes to asbestos removal in this vicinity should a planning application be made again.

 

 

 

9. Other planning matters:

 

 

 

a). 17/01436/FUL — Open space south of Batsford, SMB — Change of use of land from unused overgrown land to a set-down / pick-up area for cars serving the village school — Consider and respond to queries raised by BDBC Planning — deadline 9/8/17.

 

From BDBC Planning Officer:

 

Following my site visit, consultation responses and review of neighbour comments I require some additional information from the Parish Council as the applicant: 

 

  1.  Batsford is a Byway Open to All Traffic (BOAT St Mary Bourne 49), do you have any details in terms of daily numbers of drop-offs/pick-ups or a transport/parking survey to indicate current or anticipated timings of trips and numbers of vehicles? Can you also provide sightline information for the access from the parking area.

    Response: Current vehicular access to Batsford is only from School Lane and there is no through-traffic.  Current estimates on vehicles accessing the school on term-days for the purposes of drop-off / pick-up of pupils, only at start of and end of school days is c.30 cars, some of which currently use Batsford street itself for stopping and turning.  The provision of a small off-street refuge will give some relief to very short-term congestion that takes place on School Lane and will reduce short term parking on the main B3048 and Gangbridge Lane (which will reduce the number of children crossing the main highway in the village).

    Sightline will be good as all street side vegetation and overgrowth will be removed and maintained by the PC’s grounds maintenance contractor. 

    NB: The stretch of Batsford where the off street set-down / pick-up area is located is not BOAT 49.  BOAT 49 runs from the start of School Lane off the B3048 and goes to the right of Haven Hill.

     

  2. As requested by the Tree Officer, a tree survey is needed. I appreciate some tree removal may have been agreed within T/00439/16/TCA but we need to be clear on impacts to all remaining trees.

    Response: The PC does not propose to site the set-down area near the established and feature boundary trees to the rear of the site.  In fact these trees will be protected by a short earth-bank on the edge of to the rear of the set-down area made from material recovered when preparing the set-down area.  The trees that are part of  T/00439/16/TCA are largely self-seed isolated specimens together with the excessive weed growth that currently grows on the proposed set-down area. 

  3. I also require surfacing information for the car park together with details of enclosure when not in use (elevation drawings of the posts/fencing or hedging).

    Response: After flattening the area for set-down a layer of hoggin will be laid.  This has been successfully used in SMB (by Southern Water for example) when creating a small off-street parking area for Holdway Almshouses, High Street, SMB.

    It is proposed to place a pair of low posts (c.1 foot high) with chain and ‘safe’-code padlock together with a metal sign (on the chain) stating ‘no parking’ which will be set-up and locked / unlocked when the set-down / pickup area comes into / out of operation, ie after the school day has started, from Friday school end of day to Monday start of day, and school holidays.

    NB: At the Planning Committee Meeting held on 27 June 2017 the following was minuted during ‘Time for Public Speaking’:

 

“Time for public speaking:

 

 

 

Andrew Sinha, a resident of Batsford, St Mary Bourne asked to address the committee.

 

 

 

He has written to the LPA (BDBC) in objection to the application.

 

 

 

He has concerns that the area will become a car park and is located opposite is property.

 

 

 

The chairman pointed out that the actual area to be cleared (and laid with hoggin) will not be opposite his property but in the area opposite the high hedge of 2 Batsford

 

 

 

The clerk suggested that a low post and chain could be set-up and unlocked on school days only during set-down / pick-up times.  This will be investigated further.”

 

 

 

and when the application was considered at the same meeting the following was minuted:

 

 

 

Planning Applications to be considered:

 

 

 

a). 17/01436/FUL — Open space south of Batsford, SMB — Change of use of land from unused overgrown land to a set-down / pick-up area for cars serving the village school. 

 

 

 

The PC initiated this application and is in support of it. It will look to ensuring that this is simply a set-down / pick-up for parents to drop-off /pick-up school. A low pair of posts and chain to be considered for deployment when the school is closed and during the school day to prevent it becoming a car park or caravan storage area.

The PC acknowledges the absence of a tree report. However the LPA agreed to the removal of certain trees in the application by the PC, T/00439/16/TCA.

The clearance of weeds and undergrowth and the laying of hoggin will not impact on trees peripheral to this site.

The site clearance and surfacing will not be opposite No.3's view / entrance and will be contained within the area rented from Sovereign Housing.

No more traffic than is already experienced serving the school should occur in Batsford and there will be less street parking in School Lane and Batsford allowing for easier access for residents to their homes

 

 

 

Decision: Support.”

 

 

 

The clerk will respond to the Planning Officer.

 

 

 

10. Other parish councils’ planning matters (if any): None.

 

 

 

11. Items for payment that cannot keep until the Full Council Meeting on 8 August 2017:

 

 

 

The following payments were agreed:

 

 

 

Payee

Cheque No

Amount

Andrew Deptford (replacement batteries and pads for defibrillator)

2779

108.00

SSE (Games Area)

2780

42.47

SSE (Pavilion)

2781

79.32

Total

 

229.79

 

 

 

12. Other Matters: Items that cannot keep until the Full Council Meeting on 8 August 2017:

 

 

 

a). HALC: Invitation for two representatives from the PC to attend a 70th anniversary celebration of HALC on 10/10/17 at 5pm-7pm. Deadline: 11/8/17.

 

 

 

Carry over to the 8 August Full Council Meeting.

 

 

 

b). Basingstoke & Rushmoor: Notification of 4 week summer programme ‘Summer of Hope’ for young people. Just turn up. http:/creatingfutures2017.wixsite.com/creatingfutures2017. From 31/7 – 25/8/17.

 

 

 

Clerk to place a notice on FB/BVS.

 

 

 

 

 

c). Rushmoor: Above includes ‘Hear Me Roar’  for 11-16 year old females (on application / referrals only) — From 3/8 – 24/8/17 — email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

 

 

Clerk to place a notice on FB/BVS.

 

 

 

d). (not on agenda) HCC: Project Griffen for Community Emergency Action Plan Holders in respect of Counter Terrorism Awareness – 2/8/17.  Noted.

 

 

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 6.50pm.

 

 

 

 

Planning Applications can be accessed on the B&DBC Planning Website: http://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/planning

 

 

 

Derek Kane - Clerk, St. Mary Bourne Parish Council, 26 June 2017.

 

Free business joomla templates