St Mary Bourne Parish Council
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council’s
Pre-Submission Local Plan Consultation
The council's Pre-Submission or draft Local Plan is now out for public consultation. This is an important and formal part of the Local Plan process, providing an opportunity for you to make representations on the draft document.
The Local Plan identifies where development will take place, how new jobs will be supported and how the environment of the borough will be protected and enhanced over the next fifteen years. It allocates specific sites and locations for new development which is required up to 2029 in order to meet local needs. Once formally adopted, the Local Plan will be used to assess planning applications and provides the framework for Neighbourhood Planning in the borough.
The consultation on the Pre-Submission Local Plan 2011 - 2029 runs from Friday 23 August 2013 to 4pm on Friday 4 October 2013.
The following documents can be inspected at the Parish Council Office by prior arrangement with the clerk.
• A copy of the draft Local Plan and Policy Maps
• Representation forms (although the council would encourage you to make your representations online using the local plan link below)
• The 'Statement of Procedure' which explains how to complete the representation form.
• A leaflet outlining some of the key components of the draft Local Plan
The following supporting documents can also be viewed online on the Local Plan pages of the council's website at www.basingstoke.gov.uk/go/localplan
• Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment (including a non-technical summary)
• Habitats Regulations Screening Assessment
• Infrastructure Delivery Plan
• Duty to Cooperate Statement
• Consultation Statement
• Equalities Impact Assessment
All documents are also available for public inspection at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm on Mondays toThursdays and 8:30am and 4.30pm on Fridays. They will also be available for inspection at all public libraries in the borough during their normal opening hours.
Representations in relation to the 'legal compliance' and 'soundness' of the Pre-Submission Local Plan 2011 - 2029 and other documents should be submitted (using the representations form) to the council using one of the following methods:
• online response form at www.basingstoke.gov.uk/go/localplan
• return representation form by post to: Planning Policy Team, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke RG21 4AH
• return representation form by fax to: 01256 845200
All representations should specify the matters to which they relate and the grounds on which they are made, and each representation should be on a separate form.
Only those representations that are made in writing and are received by the council within the six week period ending on 4pm on Friday 4 October will be considered.
Derek Kane - Parish Clerk August 2013
The Parish Council Office, Bourne Meadow, St Mary Bourne, SP11 6BE