Draft Minutes of Full Council Meeting 9/5/17

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

 

Tuesday 9 May 2017 in the Club Room, Village Hall following the 2017 Annual Parish Council Meeting (which was held at 7.30pm). 

 

Meeting started at 7.45pm

 

 

 

Present: The Chairman, Cllr David Peart and Cllrs Bridget Culley, Hugo Wurzer, Tony Styles, Tony Grunsell, Ray Randall, Philip Jeffery, and the clerk, Derek Kane.

 

 

 

Members of the Public in attendance: None.

 

 

 

The proper business of the meeting then commenced.

 

 

 

1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Dixon, Jeffery, Whitlock and BDBC Cllr Graham Falconer

 

 

 

2. Declarations of Interest: None.

 

 

 

3.1.1 The Minutes of the Meeting held on MONDAY 10 April 2017 (previously circulated).

 

 

 

Having been already circulated, Cllr Grunsell proposed that they were a true record and should be signed; the proposal was seconded by Cllr Randall and unanimously agreed by the council.

 

 

 

3.1.2 Matters arising: None.

 

 

 

3.2.1 (subject to availability), The Minutes of the 2017 Annual Parish Assembly held on 2 May 2017.  (If not available these will be reviewed at the Full Council Meeting on 13 June 2017).

 

 

 

Not available.

 

 

 

3.2.2 Matters arising: Not applicable.

 

 

 

4.  Borough & County Councillor Reports:

 

 

 

No reports were received.

 

 

 

5.1 Bell’s Meadow — Update:

 

 

 

The latest version (for w/c 8/5/17) of Basingstoke Homebid Newsletter had not been issued yet.  The clerk had been advised last week by an officer from BDBC that there may be a bidder with an SMB local connection to bid for the last remaining rental unit.  This, subject to confirmation of SMB local connection and affordability means that all eight the rental homes (as well as the three shared ownership homes – all confirmed as SMB local connection) have been bidded by households with a local connection to SMB.

 

 

 

[post meeting note]: The clerk on 10/5/17 received the latest Basingstoke Homebid Newsletter dated 10/5/17. It would appear that the info he received last week about a possible last bidder with SMB local connection (qed) for the remaining 2-bed rental unit has come forward as no Bell's Meadow units are now being offered for bidding.

 

 

 

There appears to be a small triangle of land behind the bowling club which is neither the developers, the PC nor the former owner of Bell’s Field (as in Bells Meadow).

 

 

 

In the first instance the clerk was instructed to ask the PC’s grounds maintenance contractor to clear the weeds and vegetation here.

 

The council will look to later deciding what to do with this piece of land and establish ownership to take matters forward.

 

 

 

5.2 Flood and Emergency Group (FEG):

 

 

 

There was made available at the APA on 2 May a joint report from the EA/HCC on flood prevention measures.  This report will shortly appear in the APA’s minutes which are currently under preparation.

 

 

 

There may be a hitch on some works to address the bed of The Bourne due to the possible presence of a rare species of Mayfly above Stoke in the vicinity of the sub-station.

 

 

 

Another FEG meeting is mooted shortly with EA and HCC attendance.

 

 

 

As will be seen in item 6.3 monies for works on flood prevention are now held by the council currently to the tune of £4,300.  A further grant of £1,500 for Vitacress is due soon and the chairman is sourcing a possible grant from NWDAONB.

 

From Sarah Cooney (2 May):

 

Here is the latest data point from Robin Mackenzie’s well at Valley Farm, Stoke taken on the 2nd May. The measurement is taken from the top of the well down to the water level.The level has risen 34cm since the 1st March, so the rate of rise is still slowing down. The river in Robin’s field is flowing, but it does not continue much beyond our garden at Westfield, soaking back into the ground thereafter.  

 

Rolling 6-monthly figures: 

 

2016/17

cm

d

Comments

1st Nov

285

-60

Level falling; river down

1st Dec

328

-43

Level falling; river down

1st Jan

402

-74

Level falling; river down

1st Feb

377

25

Level rising; river down

1st Mar

275

102

Level rising; river down

2nd Apr

187

88

Level rising: springs up

2nd May

153

34

Level rising; river flowing

 

 Year on Year DataComparison 

 

Date

2015*

2016

2017

1 May

135cm

105cm

153cm

 

 * 2015 - the level was falling and the river was flowing in Robin’s field.

 

† 2016 - the level was rising and the river was flowing in Robin’s field.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From Clem Jones (7 May):

 

There are long pools of water in much of the river bottom between the ford and Stoke but very little run in the water.

 

 

 

The Vernham Dean bore hole has levelled out at quite a low level.

 

 

 

The well is up a bit as the water in the river rises, but not much!

 

 

 

This month’s figures:

 

 

 

Note 1.

 

The measures at the Vernham Dean Bore Hole and the gauge at Holdway Cottage are from the ground base and are depth of water.

 

 

 

Note 2.

 

The measure in the Summerhaugh well is the space between the kitchen floor and the top of the water. This is effectively the ground water level at this point in the valley.

 

 

 

 

Location

7/5/17

1/4/17

Vernham Dean Bore

104m

104m

Gauge at Summerhaugh

20cm

19cm

Spring at Summerhaugh

Dry

Dry

Well at Summerhaugh

95cm

 

103cm

 

  

 

5.3 Black Garden — Update (if any):None.

 

 

 

5.4 Electronic Speed Reminder Signs — Update (if any): None.

 

 

 

6. Finance:

 

 

 

6.1 End of Year 2016/17 annual governance statement.

 

 

 

The above was considered and agreed by the councillors present and signed and approved by the chairman and the clerk.

 

 

 

6.2 Accounting statements for 2016/17.

 

 

 

The above was considered and inspected by the councillors present and certified by the RFO (clerk) and approved signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.3 Monthly accounts: May

 

 

 

Account

Amount

Treasurers Account

1,645.35

Investment Account

31,830.11

Petty Cash Account

4.44

Lloyds TSB Fixed Term Deposit

20,000.00

Less un-presented cheques

946.94

Closing Balance

52,532.96

 

 

 

 

 

#1a & 1b.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#1a & 1b.

 

 

 

#1a Balance in Investment Account & Closing Balance includes £11,960.00 of Lengthsman grant from HCC (drawn from remaining balances of 2015/16 grant, 2016/17 grant and 2017/18.held on behalf of 11 associate parish and town councils.  

 

 

 

# 1b These balances also include £4,300.00 of grant money from HCC (in 2017), SW and Vitacress(unspent monies from 2016) that has been supplied to fund anti-flooding work on The Bourne.

 

 

 

Payment made since the previous Full Council Meeting on 10 April 2017:

 

 

 

Payee

Cheque No

Amount

BT

2743

193.60

SSE (unmetered electric – Jubilee Lamp)

2744

150.34

St Mary Bourne Village Centre (Broadband Meeting)

2745

50.00

TOTAL

 

393.94

 

 

 

Above payments were agreed at the Planning Committee Meeting held on 27/4/17.

 

 

 

Receipts since the previous Full Council Meeting held on 10 April 2017 (into Business Investment Account):

 

 

 

Source

Date

Amount

SEE (Wayleave)

4/4/17

42.34

Bank interest

10/4/17

0.88

BDBC Litter Grant 2017/18

24/4/17

1,170.00

HCC (Community Challenge Fund + Lengthsman Grants and Commission) #2

28/4/17

17.200.00

TOTAL

 

18,413.22

 

 

 

#2 Breakdown of HCC payment (above) made on 28/4/17

 

 

 

For

£

Community Challenge Fund Grant

4,000.00

Lengthsman Grant for 11 Associate Councils

£11,000.00

Lengthsman Grant for SMB

£1,000.00

Lengthsman Commission earned for SMB

£1,200.00

Total

17,200.00

 

 

 

Grounds Maintenance Grants and CTS Grant and Precept payment Part 1 has been received very recently (c.2 May) but will show in next month’s accounts (£22,214.50).

 

 

 

The annual claim to HMRC for Vat refund 2016/17 has been applied for on 9 May and amounts to £6,920.08.  Payment is likely to be forthcoming in June.

 

 

 

Lengthsman funds, as at 30/4/17 held by SMB PC, in Business Investment a/c, on behalf of the 11 associate town and parish councils.

 

 

 

Item

Payments

In

Payments Out

Date

Balance

b/f

 

 

 

2,070.00

Ashford Hill & Headley

 

250.00+vat

10/4/17

1,820.00

Ashmansworth

 

350.00+vat

10/4/17

1,470.00

Whitchurch

 

230.00+vat

10/4/17

1,240.00

Ecchinswell

 

160.00+vat

10/4/17

1,080.00

Burghclere

 

120.00+vat

10/4/17

960.00

HCC Grants & Commission

11,000.00

 

28/4/17

11,960.00

c/f

 

 

 

11,960.00

 

 

 

Neighbourhood Plan funds, as at 30/4/17 held by SMB PC, in Business Investment a/c (now cleared)

 

 

 

Item

Payments

In

Payments Out

Date

Balance

b/f

 

 

 

220.00

Refund back to Groundwork UK

 

220.00

10/4/17

0.00

Closed

 

 

 

0.00

 

 

 

Flood Prevention Funds, as at 30/4/17 held by SMB PC, in Business Investment a/c.

 

 

 

Item

Payments

In

Payments Out

Date

Balance

b/f (old balance of unspent grant monies from SW & Vitacress in 2016)

 

 

(2016)

300.00

HCC Grant for Flood Prevention work

4,000.00

 

28/4/17

4,300.00

c/f

 

 

 

4,300.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments Due at Meeting (9/5):

 

 

 

Payee

Cheque No.

Amount

Derek Kane (salary)

2746

693.15

Derek Kane (expenses)

2747

9.02

Cllr Tony Grunsell (expenses relating to refreshments for APA 2/5/17)

2748

35.82

Premier Grounds and Garden Maintenance for SMB

2749

699.00

Premier Grounds and Garden Maintenance – Lengthsman Newtown PC

2750

600.00

SSE (Pavilion)

2751

64.85

SSE (Games Area)

2752

44.07

St Mary Bourne Village Centre (Hall Hire for APA 2/5/17)

2753

30.00

Rialtas Business Solutions (s/w maintenance)

2754

139.20

Hampshire Playing Fields Association

2755

40.00

David Scrase (Keys / padlock for Fishing syndicate)

2756

15.52

Total

 

2,370.63

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Invoices raised since the then Full Council Meeting on 14/3/17:

 

 

 

To

Inv No.

Dated

Amount

None

 

 

0.00

Total

 

 

0.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Provision is to be made for £1,000.00 for any unforeseen expenses this month. It had been agreed to transfer £2,700.00 from the Business Investment account to the Treasurers account.

 

 

 

The acceptance of the un-reconciled* accounts for the month of April was proposed by Cllr Wurzer          and seconded by Cllr Randall and unanimously agreed by the Full Council.

 

 

 

* Roll-over of YE to be undertaken before EO May 2017

 

 

 

7.  Planning:

 

 

 

7.1.1 Report from Planning Committee Meeting held on Thursday 27 April 2017 (previously circulated):

 

 

 

7.1.2 Matters arising from the Report: None.

 

 

 

7.2 Planning Applications for discussion at meeting:

 

 

 

No applications to hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7.3 Trees

 

 

 

7.3.1 Notice of Intent:

 

 

 

T/00152/17/TCA — Hill House, Springhill Lane, SMB   T1 Black Poplar, Fell; T2 Beech, remove one limb and tidy other limbs to previous pruning cuts and T3 London Plane, remove two dead limbs back to source.

 

 

 

Decision: No objection.

 

 

 

7.3.2 (not on agenda) Report on condition of trees at the lake adjacent to Applegate.  Decision to either accept Tree Officer’s suggestions and either order the work or give permission to Lake resident to proceed (both outcomes subject to BDBC permission).

 

 

 

The PC’s tree warden, along with the clerk, inspected the tree on Friday 5 May.

 

 

 

In his (the warden) view the tree in question is healthy.

 

 

 

However, he feels that the tree, to keep it healthy and safe, should have three lower limbs removed.  One is over the lake and two are over or towards the Bourne.  Ivy should also be removed.

 

Also, a matching tree a few yards along, towards the surgery, is also healthy but could benefit from a low limb removal of the one over the lake.

 

 

 

The PC then discussed the matter and decided to take the following action:

 

 

 

a). Apply for permission of BDBC to undertake suggested works on the two trees and to undertake a crown reduction on the tree that is of concern to the lake resident.

 

 

 

b). The clerk to obtain quotes from two tree surgeons for:

 

 

 

                i). Works as suggested by the tree warden.

 

 

 

                ii). The crown reduction on the tree of concern to the lake resident.

 

 

 

The successful contactor will have the works under item i) paid for by the PC.  The lake resident will be advised of the successful contractors quote for works under item ii) and can either agree to use the PC’s selected contractor for these works, use his own choice of contractor or not proceed at all.

 

 

 

All works are subject to permission from BDBC before works can proceed as there is no perceived element of current danger to any lake user from these trees.

 

 

 

7.4 Advice of Planning Applications considered by BDBC (if any): None.

 

 

 

7.5 Planning applications withdrawn to be noted (if any): None.

 

 

 

7.6 Planning appeals (notifications, if any): None.

 

 

 

7.7 Compliance:

 

 

 

BVI Garden – Update (if any):

 

 

 

First noted and minuted at the Planning Committee Meeting held on 27 April 2017. No further update to-date.

 

7.8 Other parish councils’ planning matters (if any): None.

 

 

 

7.9 Other Planning matters (if any): None.

 

 

 

8.  Recreation Ground and Lake:

 

 

 

8.1 Permission for use of the MUGA and adjacent piece for Rec for Stow Sports School on 30 and 31 May.

 

 

 

Granted. Clerk to ascertain how much Stow wish to use of the Rec and to inform Premier Grounds of dates and scope of Rec being used.

 

 

 

8.2 Weekly Play Areas inspections: Change of system — Clerk has not been able to access — Update (if any): None to date.

 

 

 

Cllr Randall raised issue of SMB Play Area ‘Worm’ Spiral – bearings appear to need replacing.  Clerk was instructed to contact Vita Play for a quote. Clerk will also look to extracting latest info from weekly inspections before doing this.

 

 

 

8.3 (not on agenda) Permission to use Rec and Pavilion for U16s Women’s Cricket by Winchester Warriors on SMB CC awaydays.  Application first sight 8 May 2017 from SMB CC.

 

 

 

Granted. Clerk to communicate PCs T&Cs for use of Rec and Pavilion to organisers and obtain dates.  Inform Premier Grounds of dates and advise organiser that Rec is booked for Flower Show on Saturday 29 July.

 

 

 

8.4 (not on agenda) Cllr Randall raised a query about a rec user requiring power for a bouncy castle on the rec.  As there was no notice on this question the clerk undertook to follow up this enquiry and obtain details.

 

 

 

[post meeting note]: The clerk was aware of a request last month to use the Rec on the 12/5/17 and for the use of a bouncy castle, and a subsequent request to have power for the bouncy castle.  The clerk will advise the organiser accordingly and was instructed by the PC to raise an invoice for £10 to the organiser as the event is ‘for profit’

 

 

 

9.  Item of Correspondence to be circulated

 

 

 

9.1 Police: Beat Report March 2017: Noted.

 

 

 

9.2 Came & Co: Parish Insurer’s Spring Newsletter. Noted.

 

 

 

10.  HALC/BDAPTC/SLCC/Training & Conferences Reports:

 

 

 

10.1 HALC: Village of the Year 2017 Competition: deadline 21 July 2017. Noted.

 

 

 

10.2 HALC: Planning Query Service: Advice that service has been renewed to May 2018. Noted.

 

 

 

10.3 (not on agenda) HALC: May E-update: Noted.

 

 

 

10.4 (not on agenda) BDBC: Parish Liaison Meeting 4 April — Minutes — Clerk was unable to attend. Noted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11.  Footpaths:

 

 

 

11.1 (not on agenda) Dog Fouling on Test Way reported by Parishioner 8/5/17: Noted.

 

 

 

11.2 (not on agenda) HCC Countryside Services ‘Access Hampshire’ newsletter May 2017. Noted.

 

 

 

11.3 (not on agenda): Test Way: fences encroaching on footpath by tenants of field (for horses). Clerk to write landowner to have fences moved back.

 

 

 

12.  Highways/Transport/Services:

 

 

 

(not on agenda) BDBC: Road closures Bloswood Lane. (in the vicinity of the ‘railway tunnel’) — alternative routes will be signed. From 22 May for three months (window) — likely duration: two weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.55 pm.

 

These minutes are subject to approval at the Parish Council Meeting on 13 June 2017. 

 

Free business joomla templates