Draft Minutes of Full Council Meeting 10 January 2017

 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on

 

Tuesday 10 January 2017 in the Village at 7.30pm

 

 

 

Present: The Chairman, Cllr David Peart and Cllrs Bridget Culley, Tony Styles, Tony Grunsell, Katie Dixon, Ray Randall, Carole Whitlock, Philip Jeffery, BDBC Cllr Graham Falconer and the clerk, Derek Kane.

 

 

 

Members of the Public in attendance: None.

 

 

 

1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr Hugo Wurzer

 

 

 

2. Declarations of Interest None.

 

 

 

3.1.1 The Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday 13 December 2016 (previously circulated).

 

 

 

Having been already circulated, Cllr Grunsell proposed that they were a true record and should be signed; the proposal was seconded by Cllr Culley and unanimously agreed by the council.

 

 

 

3.1.2 Matters arising.

 

 

 

Cllr Dixon asked if there had been any response from Hyde Housing regarding the soakaway request adjacent to Bell’s Field.

 

 

 

The clerk advised that he had chased on 15/12/16.

 

 

 

[Post meeting note: The clerk received the following reply on 15/12/16 from Hyde Housing:

 

 

 

My apologies if I have failed to pick this up – I have now passed your email to our developer to advise if the actions mooted are plausible and will get back to you with a response. I am on leave now till the new year but will get back to you as soon as possible.”

 

 

 

No reply since. The clerk will chase].

 

 

 

3.2.1 (subject to availability), The Minutes of the Annual Parish Assembly held on 3 May 2016.  (If not available these will be reviewed at the February Full Council Meeting).

 

 

 

Not available.

 

 

 

3.2.2 Matters arising (if applicable).

 

 

 

Not applicable

 

 

 

4.  Borough & County Councillor Reports (incl. HCC member’s devolved budget scheme – deadline 31/1/17).

 

 

 

4.1 Borough Cllr Graham Falconer said there was little to advise.

 

 

 

Consultants view on devolution for Hampshire – Three unitaries – Heart of Hants (incl BDBC), New Forest and Solent.

 

 

 

Cllr Falconer forwarded update on BEST monies (S106).  Clerk to forward to councillors.

 

 

 

Broadband was raised by Cllr Dixon.

 

 

 

The clerk will forward to Cllr Dixon (and the rest of the council) Cllr Falconers update on Ashmansworth / Gigabyte.

 

 

 

The clerk had received today an email from Kit Malthouse, MP, regarding his follow-up seminar on Broadband to be held at Kingsclere on 3/2/17.  The clerk will forward the email to councillors.

 

 

 

4.2 The clerk advised the council of County Councillor’s Member Grants Scheme – deadline 30/1/17. The clerk will forward email to councillors.

 

 

 

5.  Items for discussion:

 

 

 

5.1 Flood and Emergency Group (FEG): Update:

 

 

 

There will be a Pathfinder update meeting on 17/2/17 at HCC attended by Sarah Cooney and Clem Jones.

 

 

 

Follow-up letters to Riparian owners has stalled.  The matter will be taken forwarded and actioned after the clerk’s return from leave.

 

 

 

Sovereign Housing has cleared Bourne bed at Bailey Stratton Bungalows (part of their estate).  The clerk was asked to express the PC’s thanks for this work and to request that it is added to their annual maintenance routine.

 

 

 

Cllr Jeffery will follow up with new owner of gravel pit site near Jones’ Farm culvert for the EA to do some clearance.

 

 

 

The chairman has applied for grants to take forward Pathfinder to the Community Challenge Fund and Vitacress and is awaiting a response from both.

 

 

 

The monthly water levels are as follows:

 

 

 

From Sarah Cooney (1 December):

 

Here is the latest data point from Robin Mackenzie’s well at Valley Farm, Stoke taken on the 1st January. The measurement is taken from the top of the well down to the water level.

 

The level is dropping at a higher rate than in previous months, presumably because of the relatively low levels of rainfall through autumn 2016.

 

Rolling 6-monthly figures 

 

2016/17

cm

d

Comments

1 Jul

106

-4

Level falling; river flowing

1 Aug

133

-15

Level falling; river flowing

2 Sep

181

-35

Level falling; springs up

1 Oct

225

-44

Level falling; river down

1 Nov

285

-60

Level falling; river down

1 Dec

328

-43

Level falling; river down

1 Jan ‘17

402

-74

Level falling; river down

 

 

 

Year on Year Comparison 

 

Date

2015*

2016^

2017

1 Jan

164cm

356cm

402cm

 

* 2015 - the level was rising and the springs were up in Robin’s field. The river was flowing by the 16 January that year.

 

2016 - the level was rising and the river was down. The level rose rapidly through late Dec and January and the river was flowing by the 1 February.

 

From Clem Jones:

 

Water levels 1 January 2017

 

The levels are still falling. The Vernham Dean borehole is already lower than its lowest last year (98m) and is still just falling, beginning to level out.

 


The well at Summerhaugh is not yet as low as 1 Dec last year (177cms).

By this time last year all levels were rising and the springs beginning.

 

 

 

Note 1.

 

The measures at the Vernham Dean Bore Hole and the gauge at Holdway Cottage are from the ground base and are depth of water.

 

 

 

Note 2.

 

The measure in the Summerhaugh well is the space between the kitchen floor and the top of the water. This is effectively the ground water level at this point in the valley.

 

 

 

 

Location

1/1/17

1/12/16

Jan 1 2016

Vernham Dean Bore

91

97

98 (rising)

Springs at Stoke

Dry

Dry

Dry

Gauge at Holdway

3cm

9cm

Dry (a trickle, increasing)

Spring at Holdway

Dry

Dry

Dry

Well at Summerhaugh

159

 

149

146 (rising)

 

 

 

5.2 Neighbourhood Plan (NP): Update (from Cllr Dixon):

 

 

 

The second consultation has ended.  Detailed responses from the EA and SW have been taken on board.

 

 

 

The plan is now back with BDBC. It will be returned in ‘a couple of weeks.

 

 

 

The SEA has to be updated.  A grant to cover this will be applied for.

 

 

 

It is hoped to be able to present the final plan to the PC next month.

 

5.3 Update on Clerk Recruitment Process and formation of Recruitment Committee.

 

 

 

The clerk advised that there had been four enquires but to-date, no completed applications.  The close date is 31/1/17.

 

 

 

The clerk, following a conversation with a parishioner, believes that there may be the wrong view that the role is unpaid.  This was also confirmed by an email enquiry from a possible applicant.

 

 

 

The clerk also suggests that there should be an emphasis that the role’s hours (78 per month) can be very much flexed to suit an applicant’s domestic or other arrangements and that this, together with the role having a remuneration, should be emphasised.

 

 

 

A revisit to the web and entry to incorporate this detail should be made.  It was also suggested that the clerk ask the FB/BVS administrator arrange for the job vacancy to be made a ‘Sticky’ so it is visible until the expiry date for applications.

 

 

 

The clerk undertook that should a replacement clerk not be in place by 1/4/17, he will continue in the role on a month-by-month basis.

 

 

 

5.4 Request from PCC (Benefice) for part funding of Welcome Party for new parishioners on 7/2/17. Falls within scope of S137.

 

 

 

The council unanimously agreed to grant £100 towards the costs of the above.  Receipts to be supplied ‘after the event’ and any unspent monies to be repaid.

 

 

 

6. Finance

 

 

 

6.1 To discuss the Finance Committees Budget Proposals for the 2017/18 Financial Year and resolve on a precept for 2017/18.

 

 

 

The chairman proposed that the precept level request be again frozen for another year, given the continuing pressure on other councils/bodies serving SMB to raise their portion of council tax. This was seconded by Cllr Culley. This was unanimously agreed by the council.

 

 

 

The actual payment of the precept will be £19,497 in two instalments (as is normal practise, in April and September) with the CTS grant of £1,002 being paid with the first instalment.

 

 

 

6.2 Monthly accounts: January

 

 

 

Bank statements as at 10/1/17 had not been received for December. Consequently some of the following figures are estimates.  The matter of this month’s accounts will be revisited at the February Full Council Meeting

 

 

 

Account

Amount

Treasurers Account

c.1,617.66

Investment Account

c.28,577.28

Petty Cash Account

4.84

Lloyds TSB Fixed Term Deposit

20,000.00

Less un-presented cheques

794.84

Closing Balance

c.49,404.94

 

 

 

 

 

#1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#1

 

 

 

#1 Balance in Investment Account & Closing Balance includes £5,870.00 of Lengthsman grant from HCC (drawn from remaining balances of 2015/16 and 2016/17 grant.held on behalf of 11 associate parish and town councils.

 

 

 

Payment made since the Full Council Meeting on 13 December 2016:

 

 

 

Payee

Cheque No

Amount

Southern Water

2685

253.15

TOTAL

 

253.15

 

 

 

Above payment was agreed by the hand of three councillors’ signatures.

 

 

 

Receipts since the Full Council Meeting held on 13 December 2016 (into Business Investment Account):

 

 

 

Source

Date

Amount

Bank interest

??/12/16

c.1.40

BDBC (for balance of SEA grant for NP)

??/12/16

667.50

 TOTAL

 

c.668.90

 

 

 

Lengthsman funds, as at 30/12/16 held by SMB PC, in Business Investment a/c, on behalf of the 10 associate town and parish councils.

 

 

 

Item

Payments

In

Payments Out

Date

Balance

b/f

 

 

 

7,130.00

East Woodhay

 

100.00+vat

13/12/16

7,030.00

Longparish

 

270.00+vat

13/12/16

6,760.00

Highclere

 

500.00+vat

13/12/16

6,260.00

c/f

 

 

 

6,260.00 #2

 

 

 

Hurstbourne Priors PC had overspent their 2016/17 Lengthsman grant by £390.00.  Therefore, the actual balance of funds held by SMB PC on behalf of the 11 associate councils is £5,870.00.

 

 

 

The clerk continues to discuss with the councils who had unspent monies from 2015/16 as to bringing forward extra work asap (East Woodhay, Overton and Ashford Hill & Headley). 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Payments Due at Meeting:  

 

 

 

Payee

Cheque No.

Amount

Derek Kane (salary)

2686

669.82

Derek Kane (advance for petty cash)

2687

10.00

Premier Grounds and Garden Maintenance for SMB

2688

555.00

Premier Grounds and Garden Maintenance – Lengthsman SMB

2689

1,272.00

Premier Grounds and Garden Maintenance – Lengthsman for Highclere PC

2690

144.00

Premier Grounds and Garden Maintenance – Lengthsman for Longparish PC

2691

192.00

Premier Grounds and Garden Maintenance – Lengthsman for Whitchurch TC

2692

120.00

Eclipse Pest Control

2693

130.00

Diane Malley (payroll 2of2 for 2016/17)

2694

34.00

Kathryn Redfern (S137 payment for PCC Welcome Party)

2695

100.00

Total

 

3,226.82

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Invoices raised since the Full Council Meeting on 13/12/16:

 

 

 

To

Inv No.

Dated

Amount

SMB Bowling Club (Water 6/16-12/16

14/16

22/12/16

126.57

SMB Fishing Syndicate (Q4 2016/17)

15/16

30/12/16

720.00

Highclere Parish Council (Lengthsman overspend 2016/17)

16/16

30/12/16

60.00

Longparish Parish Council (Lengthsman overspend 2016/17)

17/16

30/12/16

80.00

Total

 

 

986.57

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Invoice 12/16 dated 26 October 2016 to Hurstbourne Priors PC for £390.00 remains unpaid as at 13/12/16. The clerk has chased for payment and the invoice has been acknowledged by them and a cheque is to be drawn by the said council.

 

 

 

Invoices 16/16 and 17/16 have been raised as a result of payments made today on behalf of the two councils Highclere and Longparish, which has resulted in an overspend.

 

 

 

Payment has been received for invoices 14/16 and 15/16 this month and will show in next month’s accounts.

 

 

 

Provision to be made £1,000.00 for any unforeseen expenses this month.  It was agreed to transfer £3,500.00 from the Business Investment account to the Treasurers account.

 

 

 

The acceptance of the unreconciled accounts for the month of January was proposed by Cllr Grunsell           and seconded by Cllr Jeffery and unanimously agreed by the Full Council.

 

 

 

7.  Planning:

 

 

 

7.1 Planning Applications for discussion at meeting:

 

 

 

7.1.1 — 16/04514/ENSC — Anaerobic Digester At Faulkners Down Farm, Walworth Road, Picket Piece, SP11 6LZ EIA Screening opinion required for development consisting of alterations and additions to plant, including erection of biodigester and installation of hydrolyser; alterations and extension to barns, erection of fencing and retaining wall, construction of tunnel, change of use of workshop to offices; enlargement of biodigester plant to provide Feedstock Stock Store, including re-contouring of land to form sunken terrace with embankments and settling ponds, with associated landscaping, fencing, plant, weighbridge and office, erection of feedstock system building, planting and associated works (Planning application submitted without EIA)  — Info Only.

 

 

 

The clerk had first sight of the above (via email from BDBC) on 23/12/16.

 

 

 

Expiry date for comments was given as 26/12/16 (!) on viewing details of application on BDBCs website.

 

 

 

Noted. No Comment.

 

 

 

7.1.2 — 16/04514/ENSC — Anaerobic Digester at Faulkners Down Farm, Walworth Road, Picket Piece, SP11 6LZ — As per 7.1.1 — Info Only.

 

 

 

As per 7.1.1.

 

 

 

7.1.3 – 16/004717/VLA — Green Pastures, Breach Farm, Egbury Road, SMB – Discharge of Section 52 agreement to release an agricultural worker’s tie.

 

 

 

Comment: No comment

 

 

 

7.2 Trees — Notices of Intent:

 

 

 

T/00011/17/TCA — Highland House, Stoke — 4 sycamore trees — fell.

 

 

 

E-mail arrived 10/1/17 indicating the above. There was a caveat that detail on the application would not appear on BDBCs website for 24 hours.  The clerk to postpone this matter until the scheduled planning committee meeting on 2/2/17.  He will advise BDBC of this step asap.

 

 

 

7.3 Advice of Planning Applications considered by BDBC:

 

 

 

7.3.1 — 16/02701/HSE — Ladybird Cottage, Stoke, SP11 0ND — Erection of single storey and first floor rear extensions and roof alterations.

 

 

 

Granted on 14/12/16.

 

 

 

Access suggestion: For large and long vehicles access Stoke from the A343 Hurstbourne Tarrant along the B3048.  Do not approach on the B3048 from the south.

 

 

 

7.3.2 — 16/03345/LBC — 3 Riverside Cottages, Stoke, SP11 0NL — Line chimney with Eldfast System and increase in height by three brick courses and a new chimneypot.

 

 

 

Granted on 14/12/16.

 

7.4 Planning applications withdrawn to be noted: None.

 

 

 

7.5 Planning appeals:

 

 

 

16/01368/LBC — Yew Tree Cottage, Gangbridge Lane, SMB, SP11 6EP — Installation of 13 replacement windows.

 

 

 

Appeal allowed on 19/12/16.

 

 

 

7.6 Compliance (if any): None.

 

 

 

7.7 Other parish councils’ planning matters: (HB-P PC): 16/02664/FUL — Hurstbourne Station, Stoke Lane, Hurstbourne Priors, RG28 7RT — Mixed residential and commercial development comprising the erection of 44 no/dwellings (15 x 2bed, 18 x 3bed, 11 x 4bed) and 6 no commercial units, with associated parking and landscaping. Amended plans: four new house types, revised site elevations, revised commercial unit elevations, revised design and access statement, revised drainage strategy, acoustic consultant updated report, revised landscape & visual impact assessment, arboricultural impact assessment, soft landscaping design and specification available to view and supporting statement to accompany highways report.

 

 

 

Comment: No further comment.

 

 

 

7.8 Other Planning matters: None.

 

 

 

8.  Recreation Ground and Lake:

 

 

 

(not on agenda): The clerk had received from the Village Centre notice of bookings for the clubroom and main hall by Home Education Network (HEN).  A request was also made by HEN to the Village Centre for use of the Recreation Ground, and quite rightly HEN were informed by the Village Centre that the Recreation Ground is not within the gift of them.

 

 

 

The clerk then contacted HEN and asked them a number of questions including the important matter of public liability insurance covering them and any other suppliers of activities they are employing, and how many persons would be involved.

 

 

 

HEN wish to set-up the following:

 

 

 

On Friday, 21/4/17 from noon to 4pm for the setting up of a ‘Mobile Farm’

 

 

 

On Friday 12/5/17 from noon until 6pm for the setting up of a bouncy castle and a couple of gazebos for games and a picnic

 

 

 

About 30 supervised children from across the borough will be participating.

 

 

 

HEN, the ‘Mobile Farm’ and the Bouncy Castle supplier/operative have public liability insurance

 

 

 

The PC approved the permission request to use the Recreation Ground for the declared purposes.

 

 

 

[Post meeting note: The clerk will advise the HEN organiser of other restrictions on the Recreation Ground. The grounds contractor will also be informed as the cricket outfield is usually cut on Fridays].

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9.  Item of Correspondence to be circulated

 

 

 

9.1 Police: PCC Michael Lane: Rural Communities Matter Conferences (at 5 different locations). Nearest: Whitchurch on 23/2/17.  Councillors previously circulated

 

 

 

[Post Meeting note: Would be attendees are required to register.  The conference is free.  Timings 9am to 4pm at the Gill Nethercott Centre. The clerk will place the matter on the 2 February Planning Committee meeting agenda].

 

 

 

9.2 Police: PCC (via Chief Constable): Survey on Police funding (precept 2017/18 and beyond).

 

 

 

Noted.

 

 

 

9.3 BDBC: Rural Housing enabling and delivery in non-urban / rural areas meeting on 24/1/17 @ 11:00. Invitation to clerks received 5/1/17. Councillor to attend in clerk’s absence (holiday).

 

 

 

The chairman and Cllr Ray Randall are to attend. The clerk will advise the organiser.

 

 

 

9.4 HCC: Emergency Planning and Resilience: Avian Flu Advice.

 

 

 

Very important information for all parishioners who keep fowl:

 

In light of the recent news we thought it may be helpful to email out the government advice for protecting your birds against Avian Influenza.

 

This link details The Chief Veterinary Officer has extension of the Prevention Zone to help protect poultry from avian flu    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/avian-flu-prevention-zone-extended .

 

9.5 (not on agenda) Kit Malthouse, MP — Follow-up seminar from 2015 on Broadband at Kinsgclere:

 

Email received 10/1/17:

 

“Dear Constituent, 

 

Following on from my Broadband Summit in 2015, I will be holding a further summit to update constituents and interested parties on progress with high speed broadband roll-out. Since the summit 18 months ago the Government’s broadband policy is taking clearer, and more promising, shape but there is still more to be done. The summit will take place on Friday, 3 February from 10.00am – 12.00pm at the Fieldgate Centre, Kingsclere. 

 

I am inviting representatives from Hampshire County Council, BT and Broadband Delivery UK, the Government agency responsible for the broadband roll-out, to join us and speak. Following the speakers, there will be a question and answer session. The event will help residents understand the plans of the various bodies and what alternatives are available for more rural areas. 

 

If you would like to attend, please email Ethan Brooks at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 020 7219 3940 to register interest. 

 

If there are other people within the constituency who you think would welcome an update please pass along this invitation.”

 

10.  HALC/BDAPTC/SLCC/Training & Conferences Reports:

 

 

 

10.1 HALC: Update guide from Equality and Human Rights Commission in relating to the Law regarding Religion and Belief. Noted.

 

 

 

10.2 HALC: Transparency Regulations Learning Sessions (at 8 different locations). Nearest: Tadley on 18/1/17. Noted.

 

 

 

10.3 (not on agenda) HALC – latest e-update. Clerk to forward to councillors.

 

 

 

11.  Footpaths:

 

 

 

11.1 HCC: ROW vegetation priority cutting list for 2017 – Request from HCC for 5 paths.

 

 

 

Deadline for response: 1/2/17.

 

 

 

The chairman asked if all councillors, especially those of the Footpath Group, could suggest paths (and their numbers) for priority cutting, and email their suggestions to him.  The clerk will re-forward the email received on the 4/1/17 to all councillors.

 

 

 

11.2 Access Hampshire Newsletter December 2016. Noted.

 

 

 

11.3 HCC: (reminder received 5/1/17) Small Grants Scheme – deadline 23/1/17. Noted

 

 

 

11.4 Rope Yarn Lane update:

 

 

 

This matter will now be determined by the planning inspectorate in due course.  When this is determined, either way, either landowner will be responsible for clearing the fly-tip (if they so wish it to be cleared) if the lane is not determined a Restricted Byway, else it will be cleared by BDBC (on request by the PC) if it is determined as a Restricted Byway.

 

 

 

12.  Highways/Transport/Services:

 

 

 

12.1 Pull-in works and pothole repairs on Egbury Road update:

 

 

 

Work on the above will commence by the spring although there will be constraints due to HCC funding available.

 

 

 

Cllr Dixon wrote to Hampshire Highways on 5/1/17:

 

 

 

Very many thanks for organising both these pieces of work for Egbury Road. It really will help on a difficult stretch.  Every time I see bikers speeding along there I am concerned that they won't see all the many bumps in time. 

 


From Hants Highways:

 


I've raised a job to carry out repairs to some of the passing bays in Egbury Road and although these will not be permanent type repairs, they will hopefully mean that there will be a distinct improvement.

In addition Egbury Road has been added to our Jet Patching programme and although I can't give a specific timescale, I'm hopeful that this work will be carried out by the spring.

I hope that this explains the situation and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

On 23/12/16 Cllr Dixon wrote to Hants Highways:

 


Obviously the Council has to accept that a resurfacing is not going to be possible in the next financial year.  But your suggestion that the passing ways could be compacted would be the next best solution.  I have taken advice from the PC and they would like you to go ahead as soon as possible. There are a good number of passing places which have developed along both sides of the road, and more keep appearing.  It would of course be nice to have all of the passing places compacted, but we understand from Cllr Thacker that there could be a restriction. So the PC suggest the three main ones that are between the turning for Breach Farm/Scott’s Garage and the entrance to the field (on the right as you enter the village near the entrance to Black Garden). These are used most and are very rutted. But of course any more than that would be good as well.

Can I take this opportunity to thank for continuing to listen to the PC's concerns about the roads in the Parish over the last year?  We do understand that it is a never ending task keeping them all in a reasonable condition within such a limited budget.  Certainly a good number of the pressing issues on our list this year have been dealt with, so thank you. 

Hants Highways wrote to HCC Cllr Thacker on 6/12/16 which was duly passed to Cllr Dixon:

 

“As regards Egbury Road, although we are aware of the local desire for the road to be resurfaced and the parking bays formalised I'm afraid it is not one of the schemes submitted for possible funding for 2017/8.

To give you an idea of the context each area office had approx. 60 schemes they could prioritise and submit for Operation Resilience funding. These schemes cover carriageway resurfacing, footway resurfacing, drainage improvements and carriageway edge strengthening (haunching). There were 20
carriageway resurfacing submissions covering Basingstoke, Hart & Rushmoor contained within the 60 scheme bids so you can see the degree to which we had to prioritise. It is also unlikely the available funding for 2017/8 will cover all 60 schemes so some will probably slip into 2018/9 and be subject
to reprioritisation.

As you are aware successive rounds of reductions in local authority budgets does mean services are under ever increasing pressure and the Highways service is not immune. Given the degree of prioritisation needed I am afraid that Egbury Road could not be included within the submissions for 2017/8.

I have, however, asked Steve if he could look to get some or all of the informal passing bays regarded and compacted to help improve their condition. I can't give a firm timescale on this because there are other orders in the system and the weather does affect the productivity of the works gangs but the aim would be to have this work done before the end of the current financial year.

I realise that this will not be the answer the Parish are hoping for but unfortunately it is always the case that the demand for highway repairs outweighs the funding available. I hope this is of assistance.”

 

12.2 (not on agenda) Cllr Dixon asked if the PCs thanks could be given to Jason of Premier Grounds for the excellent work in the last few weeks he has executed on the various ditches and grips around the parish.

 

Cllr Dixon requested sight of the Lengthsman billing as relating to work at SMB. The clerk will do this. 

 

The clerk explained that the overspend on Lengthsman service for the parish council is £1,500 over the grant.  However an additional £1,200 was earned as commission in 2016/17 as lead council for the cluster and there have been no administration cost to run the scheme as the clerk runs the cluster within his contracted hours. The vast majority of the £2,500 spent has been on grip and ditch maintenance. Therefore only £300 of reserves (to-date) has been called on.

 

Cllr Dixon raised the matter of BEST monies (S106) and is looking to BDBC to rule on the following proposals to use these monies:

 

1.       Speed Limit Devices

 

2.       Gangbridge lane, bank reinforcement with Willow

 

3.       Batsford – creation of a setting down and picking up area for the school

 

4.       Permissive Path Vitacress to Derrydown

 

5.       Maintenance and additions to speed road signs

 

6.       Improving and adding to the ‘gateways’ into St Mary Bourne and its hamlets

 

Cllr Dixon reported that the Highways Group had received a number of emails the previous Saturday evening concerning a recurrence of flooding of water off the road into the drive of a property along the B3048.  Cllr Dixon reported that following similar flooding last year Hampshire Highways had cleared the drains, and will do so again if reported as blocked.  Also that on the Highways Group ‘drive round’ with Steve Goodall at the end of last year the problem had been discussed.  It was recognised that the camber on the road by the property was not ideal but Hampshire Highways would not address it.

 

The Lengthsman had also cleared grips on the opposite side of the road to allow water to drain into the field.  Photos of the flooding were considered and the PC decided that the next step would be for the owner of the property to install some form of ‘barriers/ramp’ at the gate into the drive, and possibly in front of the property itself to stop the water entering the drive and also to limit the splash back on the property. 

 

Cllr Randall asked if the clerk would request of Hants Highways a salt-bin replenishment check.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




 

 

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9:05pm.

 

These minutes are subject to approval at the Parish Council Meeting on 14 February 2017. 

 

Free business joomla templates